Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I'm Glad Witcher 3 Is Delayed

We've all been waiting for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for a long time now. The game was initially supposed to arrive this year, but was then delayed to February 24, 2015. Yesterday, CD Projekt announced that the game would be delayed for another three months. Its new release date is set for May 19.

The developers explained their choice in an open letter, which explains that the game is not only ambitious, but "the most important game in our studio's history." They need the extra 12 weeks to fix any remaining bugs and to ensure that this game is an incredible experience for everyone.

I'm just glad they were honest. After a season in which new games, most notably AC Unity, have been released with major flaws, everyone is sick of buying games that don't work right out of the box.

I have high expectations of this game. (Thanks to GameSpot for image.)

When I buy a video game, I want to have an amazing experience. I appreciate CD Projekt's honesty, and I trust them to deliver in May. By then, the school year will be nearly over, and summer break will be upon me…

No comments: